1. Oxford English Dictionary; Encyclopaedia Brittanica, 11th edition, 1910; U.S.D.A. film, Hemp for Victory, 1942.
3. Levi-Strauss & Company of San Francisco, CA, authors personal communication with Gene McClaine, 1985.
4. Ye Old Spinning Jennys and Wheels were principally used for fiber in this order: cannabis hemp, flax, wool, cotton, and so forth.
5. Frazier, Jack, The Marijuana Farmers, Solar Age Press, New Orleans, LA, 1974; U.S. Library of Congress; National Archives; U.S. Mint; etc.
6. Adams, James T., editor, Album of American History, Charles Scribners Sons, NY, 1944, pg. 116.
7. Frazier, Jack, The Marijuana Farmers, Solar Age Press, New Orleans, LA, 1974; U.S. Library of Congress; National Archives.
8. Sloman, Larry, Reefer Madness, Grove Press, New York, NY, 1979, pg. 72.
9. Bonnie, Richard and Whitebread, Charles, The Marijuana Conviction, Univ. of Virginia Press, 1974.
the authorized on-line version of Jack Herers The Emperor Wears No Clothes
text from The Emperor Wears No Clothes © Jack Herer
CD-ROM and web presentation © 0=2
$100 donation $25 donation $10 donation
|previous page||Chapter 2||next page|